Sunday, April 26, 2015

Manga

I've been a huge fan of manga for some time now. I will be honest that I wasnt a big fan of many of the reading choices for this week. I had read Death Note some time ago and while it has an interesting premise behind it, the execution is a little over the top for my tastes. To many convoluted plans turning out to be right kinda push the bounds of my patience. The others Bakuman was a bit more interesting, I like the premise of something being slice of life and following the life of wannabe artists trying to get published was a pretty apt analogy for what alot of us are trying to do in our time at Ringling. Scott Pilgrim I thought was an odd choice to be put in the category or manga but it makes sense. I wasn't a big fan of Scott Pilgrim, the story was kinda dumb in my opinion, the callout to comic books and video games were ok but they never really went anywhere besides a "oh I remember what thats from".So all in all this weeks choices were mainly manga I havent read but were ones I was not interested in at all.        

No comments:

Post a Comment