Tuesday, April 14, 2015

In Class Writing

Prominent symbols. There are alot of prominent symbols throughout Preacher, one that is unique to the main character of Jesse is that his subconscious is personified by the image of John Wayne. You find out later in the comic he came up with this after his very rough and tumultuous childhood and it serves as Jesse's spiritual guide and confidant. There is an over arching theme of old western movies and how they involve chasing down someone. 

Connections? The only connection I could kind of make was that of how Jesse became tired with his vocation of being a preacher. I sometimes become fed up with certain aspects of my life and wish to voice my true opinions especially when it come to religion and how I eventually left the faith I had since i was a child.

Adaptation. I feel this story would be interesting to have on TV, maybe something like HBO or if it needed to be on network television AMC. I would probably tone down some of the more graphic depictions of heads being blown off if it needed to be on network TV. I might change the design of some of the angels cause they really feel a bit generic and typical. I'd also take the time to make the depictions of heaven seem more grandiose because heaven in the comic looks like a big empty house which is kinda boring.      

No comments:

Post a Comment